Important changes to membership
Members of the Society of Editors (WA) have transferred to direct membership of the Institute of Professional Editors (IPEd) and a new Western Australian branch of IPEd – Editors WA – is active as of 1 July 2016. New membership applications can no longer be processed through this website.
From 1 July 2016, prospective new members are asked to apply directly through IPEd on the IPEd website.
Most of the same benefits previously available to members of Society of Editors (WA) will continue to be available to direct members of IPEd, and IPEd has committed to provide stronger leadership and advocacy for editors throughout Australia. Membership of IPEd is open to all individuals who are involved with or interested in the promotion and advancement of the standards and skills of editing.
Details about IPEd membership categories can be found on the transition information page of the IPEd website.
Membership benefits include:
- Networking opportunities with editors working in a variety of jobs and specialities
- Access to member rates for training seminars and education workshops
- Seek input on technical issues or current editing issues via an email or discussion forums
- Monthly newsletter delivered direct to your inbox, keeping you abreast of the latest news and trends in editing
- Access to national editors mentoring program as either a mentor or mentee
- Access to an Editors Directory (in preparation) to promote your editing services (conditions may apply)
Experience something of what IPEd membership can offer you by coming along as a guest to our next monthly networking meeting. Meet other editors and find out how the society has helped them in their careers.
Enquiries about membership may be addressed to the IPEd Membership Officer. General enquiries about Editors WA branch and IPEd may be directed in the first instance to the WA IPEd councillor, Stephen White.