Australian Book Review, based in Melbourne, seeks applications for an Editorial Intern to help edit, produce and present Australia’s foremost independent literary magazine. This is a perfect opportunity for recent university graduates seeking an entrée into publishing.
This Internship – worth $20,000 and supported by The Ian Potter Foundation – is one of the few intensive, paid editorial training programs of its kind in Australian publishing. It reflects ABR’s long-standing commitment to fostering new editorial talent, and extends the magazine’s established volunteer intern program; widely regarded as a ‘finishing school’ for editing and publishing graduates.
Applications (maximum five pages, including CV) are due by Thursday, 1 December 2011 – to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see the complete position description attached for further information.
ABR gratefully acknowledges the generosity of The Ian Potter Foundation and of its many Patrons, who support the magazine through tax-deductible donations of $250 or more. These donations are vital for the magazine’s future.
‘The best journal of words and ideas. Supporters can be proud of their judgement.’
John Bryson, author and ABR Patron
The Institute of Professional Editors Limited (IPEd) seeks a part-time webminder to join its team of voluntary workers.
It is estimated that fulfilling the role will require, on average, between 2 and 5 hours per week.
IPEd would like you to:
- upload information to the website as requested by IPEd’s company secretary, councillors, committees and member societies of editors
- identify material of value and interest to editors and add this to the website
- update the website as required and archive out-of-date information
- maintain the website’s members’ database.
The person we are looking for will:
- have experience with website content management systems
- be an editor and a member of an Australian society of editors
- support IPEd’s objectives.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com by the closing date of Friday 11 November.