Each month the branch offers members the opportunity for networking and professional development.
The majority of a meeting is devoted to a single topic related to editing and may take the form of a training session, guest lecture or group discussion; however, there is always time to share a cup of tea or coffee, or a glass of wine, and chat with the other attendees.
Meetings are held on the third Monday of the month, from February to November. Cost of attendance is $12 per member and $18 per non-member. Meetings start at 6.30 pm. The venue will be advised in the lead up to each event.
To attend, please register online through your membership login on the IPEd website. First login, then use the Book Events button to go to an Events page. Either select an event from the the list on the lower part of the page, or use the date and event type options to filter and search for an event you would like to attend.
Previous meeting topics include:
- education and training for editors
- editing cookbooks
- tax rights and obligations for freelancers
- editing poetry
- legal editing
- political correctness
- writing, editing and publishing with Aboriginal people
- children’s publishing and editors
- preparing for the accreditation examination
- student literacy skills, the English curriculum
- writing and editing for online publications
- exploring the author–editor working relationship
- Microsoft Word tips and tricks
If you wish to present a topic or have an idea for one, please contact the president.
Our cafe society events are a great way for new members (and all) to get to know each other and share stories and ideas. Each event will be held at a different time and location to suit the broad spread of our membership.
See details of the next meeting here. We look forward to seeing you there.