Calling all visionary editors – your branch needs you
Editors WA is looking for its next branch president.
If you are motivated by these questions, and have the time and resources to commit, you could be the ideal candidate.
What does being branch president involve?
- Develop and nurture a vision for the WA branch of IPEd
- Coordinate committee roles and responsibilities
- Chair committee meetings
- Ensure there is an ongoing program of branch activities
- Communicate with members about services and resources
- Liaise with IPEd national office about branch issues
- Meet triannually with other branch presidents
- Liaise with related writing and publishing organisations
Read more in ‘Branch committee responsibilities and roles’ (PDF)
Candidates for branch president will:
- have been a member of Editors WA (formerly Society of Editors (WA)) for several years
- ideally have served at least one term on the branch committee
- be committed to promoting and advancing IPEd’s vision and goals
- have good people skills and be able to instil a sense of belonging and community
- be reasonably adept with web systems and media.
Register your interest by:
- contacting the current branch president (details below)
- nominating yourself, or asking someone to nominate you, for election at the branch AGM on Saturday 21 July 2018.