Expressions of interest have been called to present papers and workshops at the 8th IPEd National Editors Conference, to be held in Brisbane from 13 to 15 September 2017.
The conference program will be divided into three streams — technology, professional development and building alliances. It will focus on contemporary and emerging aspects of editing and publishing, including, but not limited to:
- accessibility of information
- best practice and innovative practice in editing
- building alliances between editors, authors and others in publishing (panel)
- business practices
- digital publishing
- editing particular genres and formats
- education and professional development of editors
- mentoring (panel)
- publishing and other business trends
- social media.
Expressions of interest are called for:
- presenting a paper (up to 200 words)
- participating in panel discussions (up to 200 words)
- presenting a half-day workshop (up to 300 words).
Visit the ‘Call for papers’ page of the conference website at https://iped-conf2017.org.au/call-for-papers/ for more information, including the submission template. Expressions of interest must be submitted by Sunday 26 February 2017.
The subcommittee reserves the right to select papers appropriate to the program.