We’ve just passed the hub of the end of financial year which brings renewed enthusiasm in the middle of winter. And then, there’s the lull after rushing to make deadlines. Lulling in the cold is not my favourite kind. It’s hard to get up in the mornings, and even snuggies start to look good.
I can’t help thinking Perthites should never complain about the weather, though, no matter how cold it gets. To keep warm and the brain active, what are your new financial year resolutions? Here are my top ten:
1. Get on my cross trainer (but it’s out in the garage with no heating, she cries!)
2. Do the right thing
3. Get my draft (or is it ‘daft’) manuscript out of the bottom drawer and do something with it
4. Do more with my blog
5. Find out more about Google+
6. Market our call for a conference logo
7. Practise being a better public speaker (formal and casual). Click here to see one of my fave movie speeches
8. Research how to get more fans on our Facebook page
9. Check out what’s on at the Sydney editors conference
10. Make sure my entry is up to date on the register of editors.
There will be no networking meeting in July. Come back on 16 August and hear about the Perth niche publishing scene and find out who’s playing (and paying) whom in presses and magazines.
In between resolutions, I’ll be looking for new iPhone apps …
* Facebook motto